users@glassfish.java.net

Re: _at_Model versus _at_Named versus _at_ManagedBean

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 07:48:49 PDT

> That's a good blog post, but I also found on your
> site
> http://www.germanescobar.net/2010/03/whats-so-wrong-wi
> th-ejbs.html and the comments session. There, your
> contributors go so far as to say "JSF Managed Beans
> Are Dead. Don't Use Them."
>
> Is that a supportable position or too extreme?

Well, the problem is that you can still use JSF alone, without CDI (e.g. in a standalone environment). So, in that case, it makes sense. However, this is not the normal use case, usually you use JSF inside an app server with CDI and other JEE technologies.
[Message sent by forum member 'germanescobar']