users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish, OSGi and Eclipse

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:42:02 PDT

Hmm, yes, that would work for [i]one[/i] bundle...

But I'm thinking of an application with 20 or more bundles.

Some background for my original question:

I have an OSGi application with ~50 bundles, running on Equinox, developed in Eclipse PDE, using Declarative Services for injection and JPA in stand-alone mode with user-level transactions.

It would save me a lot of repetitive code if my container (be it OSGi, or Java EE, or a combination of both, or anything else) would inject the persistence context and manage the transactions automatically, which is standard in Java EE but not in OSGi.

However; I'd rather stick with my manual transactions and naked OSGi if there is no decent tooling for OSGi development on Glassfish (or any other server).

Best regards,
Harald
[Message sent by forum member 'hwellmann']