users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! Glassfish v3 in windows XP sp3 - Admin console never open.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 00:45:10 PDT

I also cannot get Glassfish v 3.0.1 to work, I am running it on Gentoo Linux, x86, using sun JDK 1.6.0_20 with kernel 2.6.34-gentoo-r1

I installed via the ZIP archive as the glassfish-3.0.1-unix.sh linux installer archive doesn't work (I tried about a dozen times with lots of different inputs - it goes from 5% progress to 100% in subsecond times and has not extracted out the glassfish install).

I have tried accessing the admin page (localhost:4848) using Firefox 3.6.8, Konqueror, Windows IE 8 (inside a Windows XP VirtualBox VM).

I see the initial 'app is loading, this page will refresh...'. Konqueror, even manages to get to the Oracle copyright notice with the nice blue background.

In Firefox, I disabled flash block, I disabled adblock, re-started, forcefully refreshed, nothing works.

The user that is running Glassfish owns the entire Installation directory tree.

I can start the default domain.
I can stop it.
After stopping, the Java process stays around, not listening on IP4 socket 4848 but still listening on IP6. I have to actually kill the java process so that I can start the domain again.

Basically, I have come to the conclusion that Glassfish 3.0.1 is garbage and am moving on.
[Message sent by forum member 'lyallp']