users@glassfish.java.net

Specify fixed JMX ports in GF3?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:36:16 PDT

Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked, did a quick forum search as well as google but ...

Anyway, currently we use GF2 in production. Overall it's quite good, however there seems to be a lot of problems with specifying a fixed port for JMX to run over. The dynamically assigned port isn't an option due to strict firewall policies.

For example I have tried this JVM option:
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.aas.jconsole.server.cbport=PORT</jvm-options>

However this doesn't seem to be working.

We need to be able to make remote JMX connections to the servers to do some monitoring.

Does GF3 have better support for this? Does the above command work as expected in GF3? If anyone could shed some light onto this issue it would be greatly appreciated!
[Message sent by forum member 'ratdump']