users@glassfish.java.net

install glassfish on a non gui system

From: Albert Bonomo <apeto2104_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 00:25:52 -0300

Hi, I would like to install GlassFish on a remote system with no GUI
installed.
Actually it is a Fedora 11 system.
I tried with a glassfish-xxxxxx.sh file that seams to run some .jar file
Then I truel a glassfish-xxxxxx.jar file.
Bout of them fail because the could not start de Graphic environment.
Here is teh error reported:
java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using
'ns310181:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

Some tutorial that I read suggest to simply unzip a .zip file that I
downloaded from GlassFish.
Is that it ? No config, no environment vars set, no nothing ?

Thanks,
Alberto.

--
@apetob at Tweeter
Those who understand binary and those who don't