users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish-embedded-all and java:comp/BeanManager - not bound exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:57:23 PDT

Thanks szczyp for the background. I understand what you are trying to do and let me see what we can do to enable this usecase. As stated in 11.3 of the CDI 1.0 spec, all Java EE components can obtain a BeanManager reference through the java:comp namespace. However, I need to understand what namespace is provided by the Embedded container and also how Weld SE works to work around component namespaces. As the exception shows there is no component during the name lookup in the embedded container. Does Weld SE provide a valid "java:comp/BeanManager"?

About the other bug (12489), as per EE.5.19 of the Java EE 6 Platform Specification, "A bean manager is only available in modules in which CDI has been enabled." and as per EE.5.19.1, "It is an error to request injection of a BeanManager in a module in which CDI has not been enabled.". So, I think beans.xml is required. Let me confirm this and update the issue.

Thanks
--Siva.

Thanks
--Siva.
[Message sent by forum member 'sivakumart']