users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with Valves

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:58:23 PDT

Hi,

I have an EJB which is used to insert data into a database via by an exposed (@WebMethod) web service method.

I'm trying to measure the performance of the server and bean at each step of the request process: from the time the server receives the request, to the time the bean gets called, to the time the db insertion code takes to get executed and back again.

I've done something similar to this in Tomcat by using a valve and I've been trying to do the same in GFV3.

I've tried loading the Valve though the domain.xml and through the war file itself. The valve loads. The problem is, the valve does not get called when I try to hit the bean.

E.g. to hit the bean I would go to http://localhost:8080/SHSGWP/MeterReadingBean (if I hit this, valve is not called). However, if I hit http://localhost:8080/SHSGWP/ the valve does get called.

I've tried looking for documentation on valves on google and here on the forum, but I haven't been able to find the answer to my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! =)
[Message sent by forum member 'perdasilva']