users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish-embedded-all and java:comp/BeanManager - not bound exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:53:20 PDT

As for Weld SE, I don't know the code that well, so I can't answer everything.
They don't provide java:comp/env. As far as I know they don't support injection of any EE components, they just work with managed beans. When I have time I will try to look into their code and provide some more information.

As for the BeanManager lookup - I mentioned that it works no problem in a web archive without beans.xml. Also, what does it mean "CDI is enabled"? I think that @Inject into EJB is always enabled. If I am wrong (happened many times before ;d), and it is an error, shouldn't it be reported during deployment? If it isn't, it will blow up at runtime, which is much worse.

- szczyp
[Message sent by forum member 'szczyp']