users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Displaying something when the client (jws) is starting

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 09:40:16 PDT

Hi Tim,

thank you for answer and sorry for this late reply.

I have tried your workaround - put the image folder with splash.jpg and icon.jpg directly into .ear file, but this didn't help me...
At this time my .ear file contains images folder, lib folder, META-INF folder, Client.jar and EJB_module.jar.
The icon.jpg and slpash.jpg is also situated in images folder in client jar file.
My sun-application-client.xml:
<sun-application-client>
  <java-web-start-access>
    <eligible>true</eligible>
    <vendor>images/icon.jpg::images/splash.jpg::Vendor</vendor>
  </java-web-start-access>
</sun-application-client>

The url from clients jnlp :
http://localhost:8081/__JWSappclients/__appclient/Project/Client/images/splash.jpg
When I tried this URL in browser, I got:
HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
message
descriptionThe requested resource () is not available.
Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1

My env:
Java 6 update 20 (build 1.6.0_20-b02), Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 ((v2.1 Patch06)(9.1_02 Patch12)) (build b31g-fcs), IDE Netbeans 6.8.

I've attached an ear file of a simple enterprise application project, the behaviour is the same as in my normal project.

If it would be necessary. I can attach the whole project.

Thank you

Michael
[Message sent by forum member 'anaq']