users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMSJCA with Spring

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:02:55 PDT

Hei på deg Morten,

I don't know, but you may be correct in that the RA won't be able to do the things we want it to without running it in a JCA container. It would be great to get som sort of error message from it rather than just silence, but it is after all not designet to be used this way. I started out with the Spring JCA container at first, but realized (perhaps in err) I could make do without it and just run the same setup as with the other clients. It didn't occur to me that the RA possibly needed JCA facilities to do the redelivery handling.

Come to think of it, there was an issue related to the acknowledge mode, but I am not sure I ever ran a message through the jca setup.

So we decided to just roll our own dmq feature, which is nice and configurable to our needs, and works well. Currently the only real drawback is that delaying a message occupies a listener thread, but that is not a big problem. We also get to add custom attributed to the dead messages.

We have experienced problems with messages not coming off the queue lately when there are many listeners and a heavy load, so we are switching back to the pure OpenMQ client, since we couldn't get features for which we tried JMSJCA in the first place to work anyway.
[Message sent by forum member 'axelwathne']