users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Problems with jUDDI and glassfish

From: Oliver Gottwald <oliver_at_drachmatech.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:57:11 -0400 (EDT)

welcome to my world... i did the original post. i was able to connect via webservices explorer under a ws project in eclipse but only for version 2 of juddi. version 3 i think as a UDDI 3 does not work under eclipse. I just realized that last night. i recently put v3 of juddi with the tomcat bundle on a box and got the annotation example to work. but i'm unable to get it working with Eclipse. I've even gone as far as downloading there source on v3 via svn and dependinces (maven) compiling and publishing via integration with there API. netbeans from my understanding does not have a feature anymore for communication with juddi there is a uddibrowser out there but i really could not get it to work there is also soapui which i really could not get to work one thing i did was get the console from a older version of juddi, bring over 2.0 keeping the console and manipulating the xml in the console to publish a service. i was thinking of potentially writing a better interface to that but halted. on the connection to juddi via eclipse (or anything for that matter) make sure to use the PUBLISHER login without a password so in mysql check against the PUBLISHER table - there should be 2 in version 2 of juddi. jdoe should work. Your database login should be juddi/juddi if you used the default and the database is juddi i've gone round and round with this whole process and have gotten pretty frustrated at times. the fact that i cannot get it to work with netbeans (no support newer versions) and the new version juddi v3 does not work with eclipse leaves me questioning the usage. If you can get it working on netbeans where you can search or post to a registry please let me know. oh yeah and in v2.1.1 of glassfish there is a registry and publish which i've never been able to get working with juddi. this is under Web Services after deploying a WS war. In v3 of glassfish the Web Services link appears to have been removed with the publish / registry functionality any input would be greatly appreciated and i hope that my data dump above is somewhat helpful -----Original Message----- From: glassfish@javadesktop.org Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:32am To: users@glassfish.dev.java.net Subject: Problems with jUDDI and glassfish Hi all, i'm developing a semantic web service and i would like to test it. I use netbeans with glassfish. To install juddi i've followed this instructions, found on this forum: [i] STEP #1 (Database / User Creation) mysql on a different ip server: CREATE DATABASE juddi; CREATE user 'juddi'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'juddi'; GRANT ALL privileges ON juddi.* TO juddi@localhost; I did not use the ip in the definition for the user ie juddi@10.---.---.--- To verify that I could connect to the juddi database on the server I opened toad for MySQL on my laptop created a new connection for juddi and connected to MySQL on the server. STEP #2 (Database Connection Setup) From glassfish v2.1.1 admin console: Create Connector Connection Pool(Resources->Connectors->Connector Connection Pools), name itjuddiPool, set Resource Adapter to jaxr-ra. Create Connector Resource (Resources->Connectors->ConnectorResources), name it juddi, set Pool Name to already created pooljuddiPool. Create Connection Pool (Resources->JDBC->Connection Pools),name it juddiPool, set Resource Type to javax.sql.DataSource, setDatabase Vendor to MySQL. Make sure following properties for a newly created pool are set: DatabaseName=juddi User=juddi Password=juddi Url=jdbc:mysql://10.---.---.---:3306/juddi I tried both Url and currently have serverName=10.---.---.--- and port=3306 Create JDBC Resource (Resources->JDBC->JDBC Resources), nameit jdbc/juddiDB, set Pool Name to already created pool juddiPool. STEP #3 (JUDDI Install) Download jUDDI version: juddi-web-2.0xx.war 1.Unzip juddi-distribution-2.0.0-bin.zip get the war and deployed with the following: Glassfish Enterprise Server v2.1.1 a) WebApplications b) Deploy.... c) Browse war file on c drive d) made the Application Name: juddi and the Context Root juddi d) Click OK 2. Did a Launch of the new Web Application Got the juddi opening page my browser. 3. Clicked the validate link. I had this issue, shown in jUDDI happyness page: jUDDI DataSource Validation + Got a JNDI Context! - No 'java:comp/env/jdbc/juddiDB' DataSource Located(com.sun.connector.jaxr.JaxrConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource) - DB connection was not acquired. (null) - SELECT COUNT(*) FROM PUBLISHER failed (null) I don't understand where the problem is and how to resolve it. Some tables where added in my juddi database, like publisher, phone, contacts and others, so the installation of juddi i think was correct! [/i] Any idea?! Thanks for the interest! [Message sent by forum member 'n3mesi83'] http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=392595 --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net