users@glassfish.java.net

WebService using a webService client - error Web9033

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 06:29:15 PDT

I am trying to create a web service that also uses other web services. Should be easy.. but..
This simple case bombs out each time. Ideas and/or suggestions are very welcome!
TRY THIS:
1. Create a WebService in NetBeans 6.8 (like a hello world service)
2. Deploy it on glassfish v3 (latest updates)
3. Create another WebService in NetBeans 6.8
4. In this 2nd service, create a new web service client referenceing the first deployed service (it actually doesn't matter if it's on teh same server or not, I tested this)
5. Deploy second service on glassfish v3 (latest updates)
BANG! (sound of it breaking)
Exception while deploying the app : java.lang.RuntimeException: WEB9033: Unable to load class with name [webservices.HelloWithService], reason: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: webservices/HelloWithService (wrong name: WebServices/HelloWithService)
Notes:
- Tried to call a service from another server instead. No luck, same problem. So I ruled out the problem being on the same server
- Haven't tried ruling out NetBeans but the same error was on NetBeans 6.7.1 and 6.8
Ideas? Suggestions I should try?
Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'ekinzle']