users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish V3 RESTful Caching

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 23:00:13 PST

Hi,
Can someone please refer me to documentation about glassfish V3 and caching of both HTTP response and JPA (hibernate) caching?

One of the benefits everyone seem to agree on RESTful is that it is cacheable. Well, I would like glassfish to cache the GET response as long as no PUT, POST or DELETE we made. Later I can be more fine grane about invalidate the cache but it will be enough for now.

Second thing is how to use hibernate second level cache so it will not be have to load object over and over again. I've read and think that ehCache is good choice to start with?

My configuration is single server on single database so there is no change of data without the server know about which means it can invalidate cache when it knows something has changed.

Thank you,
Ido.
[Message sent by forum member 'ido_ran' (ido.ran_at_gmail.com)]