users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Current state of aslb load balancer plugin for glassfish

From: Kshitiz Saxena <Kshitiz.Saxena_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:27:03 +0530

Hi Rob,

Instruction on mentioned link is correct for SJSWS 7.x. You can also
refer to documentation available @
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-0182/gchvt?a=view for more details.

You can use GlassFish LoadBalancer Configurator
<https://www.sun.com/offers/details/glassfish_loadbalancer.xml> to
install and configure load-balancer plugin on webserver.

As of now load-balancer plugin is only available as 32 bit binaries. So
user need to install 32 bit version of webserver.

Load-balancer plugin is not dependent on JVM version of GlassFish, so
GlassFish running on 64 bit JVM can be front-ended by webserver with
load-balancer plugin.

Thanks,
Kshitiz