users@glassfish.java.net

Current state of aslb load balancer plugin for glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 13:47:00 PST

Hi,

I'm going to setup clustering with Glassfish on a 64 bit machine running the 64 bit JVM. I've tried installing the high availability version of Glassfish 2.1.1 and the installer failed immediately on my machine. I also downloaded aslb jar file for Linux using the instructions here:

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/build/GlassFish_LB_Cluster.html#lbplugin

but I noticed that it wants me to put loadable libraries in Glassfish that is running under the 64 JVM and there are no 64 specific .so files.

Do the instructions above describe the current best practice for setting up load balancing and clustering on Glassfish 2.1.1? If not, would somebody point me to the current instructions? (I have a support contract so a link to customer-only pages or downloads would be fine as well.)

Does the current aslb support Glassfish running under a 64 bit JVM?

What have others been doing to get clustering working with Glassfish if it is different than the above link?

Thanks,

Rob
[Message sent by forum member 'rrr6399' (rrr6399_at_futuretek.com)]