users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JBoss vs. GlassFish (Why Glassfish?)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 06:51:53 PST

I'm sorry but i still don't get the "reference implementation" term. I've recently seen the interview with Arun Gupta, "sun technology evangelist" and afaik the glassfish developer (java.sun.com -> featured content frame -> videos and podcasts -> deep dive with Ed Ort: java ee6 and glassfish v3 with Arun Gupta). In part two, time 0:30 Ed says: "So, Arun, I guess the first thing to mention [...] is glassfish v3 IS the reference implementation for java ee 6, right?" Arun: "That's right". But then, 17:41, Arun: "Glassfish v3 will soon be available, hopefully by the time this webcast goes live...". So if, uh, Red-Had, had secretly developed their implementation of Java ee 6 and released their newest JBoss before gf3 then would JBoss would have been the reference implementation?
[Message sent by forum member 'rysia' (krysiu_at_gmail.com)]