users@glassfish.java.net

Java EE 6: Container Managed Transaction with JAX-RS

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:55:54 +0100

I am used to EJB's functionality of Container Managed Transactions:
Before the invocation of an EJB, a TX is started by the container, after
the exit it is committed. I am also used to JAX-RS, using Jersey since
GFv2. But I wonder how it works in Java EE 6, when my EAR contains a
combination of JAX-RS with either JPA or EJB SLSB.

* When using JAX-RS calling JPA (without EJB SLSB), will there be a
container managed transaction?

* When using JAX-RS calling EJB SLSB, will there be a container managed
transaction?

Thanks

Markus