users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Required Glassfish 3 jars to run stand-alone remote client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:25:04 PST

Please read about the package-appclient command:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7701/package-appclient-1m?a=view

Although the documentation describes its use for Java EE app clients (which it sounds like you are not using) you can use this script to help get the files you need to remote systems. You will not need to worry about the environment variable settings because for a Java SE client you will not be using the appclient command. As long as you add the gf-client.jar file to your runtime class path your Java SE client should work.

And yes, we know that the number and sizes of JARs needed is larger than we would like!

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (timothy.quinn_at_sun.com)]