users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Global Redirects and default-web.xml

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:46:21 PST

Jan,

Thanks for the response.

I didn't see anything that would directly affect us in 2.1.1 but I'll look into the logistics of moving to the new release.

Moving to 3.x is what we'd like to do but it seems like it might be more involved so for now the fix is out of reach.

Nonetheless, even with the fix, this might work, but I would like more flexibility if possible. I like what UrlRewrite gives me in that I can match patterns and rewrite the Url different ways. I can see us having to do this in the future. I guess this can be done web app by web app but it would be good to have a 'generic' plugin mechanism to do it overall (possibly a more flexible version of the redirect_n methodology).

Do you see potential pitfalls with using UrlRewrite in the default-web.xml?

Thanks,

Andrea
[Message sent by forum member 'arosso' (arosso_at_esri.com)]