users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems with Glassfish V3, Hibernate and log4j [SOLVED]

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 05:23:20 PST

> why are you using this, if you want to build an ee6
> app?
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:23 PM,
> <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org> wrote:
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
> <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
> <version>5.0-2</version>
> <scope>provided</scope>
> </dependency>
> I'm always using this
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>javax</groupId>
> <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
> <version>6.0</version>
> <scope>provided</scope>
> </dependency>

That's a good question and we have been trying to. But using this causes problems when running unit tests, we get exceptions like this:

Running TestSuite
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/ejb/EJBException;
nested exception is java.lang.ClassFormatError: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/ejb/EJBException
java.lang.ClassFormatError: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/ejb/EJBException
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)

The problem seems to be that the jars only contain stubs and not the actual implementation. I googled a lot and found similar problems reported by others, but couldn't find a good explanation right now..

> also for javaee6 the current hibernate impl which
> supports jpa2 is 3.5.xx (beta)
> 3.4. is still old, as far as I know.
>
> I would suggest to stick with the bundled eclipselink
> until hibernate
> 3.5. is stable.
> you may as well try the beta
> http://in.relation.to/14155.lace

We tried with the latest beta as well, but got the same errors.
[Message sent by forum member 'andersaab' (andersaa_at_gmail.com)]