users@glassfish.java.net

Re: why won't this webapp deploy?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:09:54 PST

I'm getting the same error (see below) when I "redeploy" a stand-alone web module (or an enterprise app with that web module). However, for this error to happen, my sun-web.xml has to include this line: <session-manager persistence-type="file">. If persistence-type is "memory", then I can redeploy almost OK. "Almost", because states of http sessions are not preserved/restored when I want that. I know that my app is built correctly, because when I use persistence-type="file" in sun-web.xml, the sessions are preserved and restored OK when the server is restarted.

I use GlassFish v3 on Linux.

ERROR:

Virtual server [server] already has a web module [mymod] loaded at [/mymod]; therefore web module [mymod] cannot be loaded at this context path on this virtual server.
[Message sent by forum member 'javjav' (visualitems_at_gmail.com)]