users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v2.1 http-listener falls asleep

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:34:22 PST

Hello everyone. I have a very strange problem with GlassFish 2.1 installation on Debian server.
 The machine has two network interfaces - one behind DMZ and the other - for connection to an internal network.
 One http-listener is listening on all interfaces (0.0.0.0), port 8081. When I make this listen on localhost only - I get a conflict on port 8081. It should serve the back-end EJB part only. Can I make an EJB module to work on a specified virtual server only - just as the web module can?

 The other http-listener is listening on all interfaces (0.0.0.0) and serves the public web interface of the application.
 Here comes the second problem. When I start the AS, everything is working as expected - the web UI is working on all addresses, the back-end part - only on localhost and the addres of the internal interface.
 But after a few hours the interface behind the DMZ stops responding - just white screen, loading and then - timeout.
 When I call the application from the address of the connection to the internal network everythings starts to work again.
 I have to tell that http-listener1 (private network) is running on a different virtual server than http-listener-public. And the web module runs on the VS of http-listener-public.

 Thanks,
 Rado
[Message sent by forum member 'rado_penev' (rado.penev_at_gmail.com)]