users@glassfish.java.net

Re: wmq.jmsra.rar IBM MQ resource adaptor glassfish MDB deploy problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:23:12 PST

> My question is what property options in create-resource-adapter-config are common to all adaptors and
> what are specific only to genericjmsra and would need to be expliclity implemented by wmq.mqjms.rar to
> be supported?

> Specifically is it possible to force transaction support option within any adaptor using
> ./asadmin create-resource-adapter-config --property

No. Support from the RAR is needed.

> SupportsXA=false:ConnectionFactoryClassName=com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory:QueueConnectionFactoryClassName=com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory:QueueClassName=com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue wmqjmsra

Above properties are specific to "genericjmsra"

<transaction-support> in ra.xml is the standard way by which RA will state the level of transaction support it can provide.
So, while creating connection-pool one can specify --transactionSupport to a value that is less than or equal to the supported transaction level.
eg: if RAR states <transaction-support> as LocalTransaction, then one can create a connection pool with transaction support as "NoTranscation" or "LocalTransaction" but not "XATransaction"

> When I try --transactionsupport LocalTransaction in asadmin create-connector-connection-pool, I get
> exceptions with wmq-jmsra specific error codes that ask for the extended client to be installed.

You might have to consult the Websphere MQ documentation.
[Message sent by forum member 'jr158900' (Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.com)]