users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to provide a static url for your web application

From: Serge Fonville <serge.fonville_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:23:10 +0100

Hi

> I want to do this. But i am not using jsf.
> I have only normal servlets, jsps and htmls in my webapp.
>
> Could you suggest a way to achieve it, please.
> [Message sent by forum member 'vivekmv2000' (vivekmv2000_at_rediffmail.com)]

I can imagine a couple of ways:
Use AJAX to give every page its content
Use framesets to make your URL never change, although it would still
be possible to 'figure out' the real urls
Flash very badly integrates bookmarks (although it is possible),
normally it is not bookmarkable
Make every link do a form submit and include based on POST variables

HTH

Regards,

Serge Fonville

--