users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 as a Service on Windows Server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 10:15:38 PST

1. Yes -- the solution is putting "-Xrs" in asadmin.bat file. I independently discovered that after I had already posted the bum steer about domain1Service.xml. It's in my blog:

http://blogs.sun.com/foo/entry/how_to_make_v3_platform

I would not worry about having -Xrs in asadmin.bat because in the typical case it only runs for a few seconds doing a command. What are the chances of it running when a Logout is done AND you don't want asadmin to ignore the Logout. If it was a concern -- simply copy the asadmin script, modify it and then refer to that copy in domain1Service.xml

2. Yes Winsw will not go away. It will move over to dev.java.net eventually.

3. Verbose mode on V2 has the same behavior on V2 and V3. If it was used on V2 for services -- the "DOS box" would remain and clutter up the screen.

4. processlauncher.xml is history. There were messy complicated reasons for why it was needed in V2 -- which I don't remember anymore. One key reason for it to exist is that Node Agent has no other way of getting JVM options set.
[Message sent by forum member 'bnevins' (byron.nevins_at_sun.com)]