users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do logon or set principle/roles/groups when using Embedded API

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:13:14 PST

>the invocation of the ejb will occur over the RMI/IIOP protocol

But does that stuff still apply when using the Embedded API? I was under the impression it was running in the same VM when using the new Embedded API.

I couldn't find anything in the FAQ you pointed to that dealt with logging in. Using the Embedded API I can get the reference to the bean already just fine, it's just the security level on the method call to the bean that is failing.

Also, you mention prompting a username and password, but that's something I want to avoid in this case because it's a unit test. I'd rather specify that in some config file or perhaps with parameters to the JVM invokation when running the test.

I get the impression that there is no client container to pop up a username or password when using the embedded API. I think I need some sort of substitute for that.

Please forgive me if I misinterpreted your response and you really already addressed what I have above and I was just not understanding it correctly.

Thanks,
Mark
[Message sent by forum member 'markkr2' (mark_at_the-kruegers.name)]