users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Http Load Balancer question

From: Xin Guo <Xin.Guo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:29:14 -0700

Hi Kshitiz,

Just tested setting authPassthroughEnabled to ture on app server, and
when I try to access the app server through the IIS lb plugin, I got a
500 server internal error. But the server admin console are sitll
working, so I quickly removed this change. But still got the HTTP 500 error.

Looks like this change has caused app server to crash. Do I have to
specify "proxyHandler" (I read that it will be pick up automatically).

Again, a little bit of background info:

- App Server in stand alone mode (no cluster, so HTTP load balancer
didn't show up in admin console), on non-ssl port
- IIS with HTTP LB plugin, run on ssl port. It was able to send the http
traffic to the app server, on the non-ssl port.
- The problem: I want the app server to know the protocol (http vs. https) .
- In IIS's loadbalaner.xml, the following are defined:
<property name="rewrite-location" value="true"/>
<property name="https-routing" value="false"/>

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,