users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 JDBC Resource

From: Sreeram Duvur <Sreeram.Duvur_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:05:57 -0800

On Feb 9, 2010, at 7:44 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a question regarding JDBC resources. Is it possible to have
> multiple resources using the same connection pool? Also, for each
> resource I would like to specify username and password of connection
> pool, using JDBC resource properties? Database name, server name
> etc. should be defined in connection pool. Is it possible?
>
> I hope it makes sense.

You can certainly point many resource definitions to the same pool,
but cannot override the username,password in the resource definition.

This feature was designed to allow some freedom to the administrator
to consolidate data source names that may have been used by the
developer into one physical database connection pool. HTH

Sreeram