users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 2.1.1 + EclipsLink (+ Postgresql) + IceFaces 1.8.2 = freezing

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 05:13:19 PST

Hi,
our application consists of two modules: EJB responsible for database operations and Web module (Icefaces + some backing beans) for displaying and processing this data. At first everything works fine and after random amount of time (higher usage can speed up this process) everything hangs:
- you can connect to admin port of Application Server and use console
- you can't access anything else on server port (default 8080)
- there is nothing in logs (no errors warnings etc.)
- our monitoring shows that there should be enough cpu power and memory on server
- after restarting application from admin console everything comes back to normal

Additional info:
- there is about 12 network users working form time to time
- system is Win2003 Server (32bit) with 8 cores and 4 Gb ram + MacAfee
- we tried optimizing java memory (1 gb), number of request processing threads (9) and so on and we could only slow the process :(

Any suggestion about origin of that problem will be highly appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'dante13' (grzegorz_at_psikus.com)]