users@glassfish.java.net

Re: standalone client

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 16:30:48 -0600

> What's the best place to find clear, complete, authoritative
> documentation (with examples) on how to write a standalone client for
> GlassFish V3?

> On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 12:47 -0800, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html#StandaloneRemoteEJB

The use case is an eCommerce site with the customer service maintenance
functions written as a Swing app. We want product changes made in the
customer service app to be visible immediately in the web app (WAR and
EJB module within EAR, Java EE 6). Our prototype web app works well,
but we find the documentation for creating "standalone" or "Application
Client" apps confusing.

What would really help is a complete, working example of a simple app
that does something like this. Does anybody know where we can find one?

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601