users@glassfish.java.net

Netbeans Platform on top of GFv3 enterprise application client no way!

From: Xavier Callejas <xavier_at_wflogistics.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 16:13:31 -0600

Hi,

I love the idea of a Netbean Platform application as client of Glassfish and
executing on top a enterprise application client with webstart.

But I have now 3 days fighting with it and I couldn't make the Netbeans
Platform RCP call a EJB remote session bean.

I have follow:
http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqCallEjbFromNbm
and
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html
and tutorial
http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqAppClientOnNbPlatformTut

But nothing.

The example of the tutorial works perfectly, but in it the EJB is called in
the Main class of the Enterprise Client Application, and what I need is call
the EJB inside the Netbeans Platform Application, but I always get a:

javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup failed for ...

I have no problem calling the EJB from a Stand-alone java application (with
the gf-client.jar in classpath).

I made another Netbeans Platform Application suite without integrating it in a
enterprise client application, and tried to call the EJB just as in the stand-
alone app., but was impossible too. (also with the gf-client.jar in classpath)

What stop a Netbeans Platform Application for be able to call/lookups EJB???

I am using Netbeans 6.8 and Glassfish V3.

Now I'm desperate.

Thank you in advance.

xavier.