users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish DoS attack test - confirmed

From: Cam Bazz <cambazz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:39:01 +0200

Hello,

Decreasing the keepalive is a good idea, but slowaris does test for
keepalive timeout, and crafts packets accordingly.
I tried enabling upload-timeout-enabled from the admin console, but
it would kick it false as soon as you save it.

Also, there was a previous discussion on this list about

<http>
 <io-timeout>15</io-timeout>
 <request-header-timeout>5</request-header-timeout>
 <request-body-timeout>5</request-body-timeout>
</http>

protecting againist these kind of attacks, but that only worked in
Sun's App Server.

Best.