users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Disappeared specialAttributes in Servlet API 3.0

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:19:31 -0800

Peter,

On 02/ 1/10 09:59 AM, Major Péter wrote:
> Jan,
>

>> If your Servlet is the target of an error dispatch, it will have
>> access to the following request attributes, as per SRV 10.9.1
>> ("Request Attributes") of SRV 10.9 ("Error Handling"):
>>
>> javax.servlet.error.status_code
>> javax.servlet.error.exception_type
>> javax.servlet.error.message
>> javax.servlet.error.exception
>> javax.servlet.error.request_uri
>> javax.servlet.error.servlet_name
>>
>> I just confirmed that this is working as expected.
>>

> Okay, but with GFv2 I didn't experiencing this behaviour, because there
> are forward parameters too. So is there an issue for this, which why
> these attributes had disappeared, or just simply the old functionality
> was wrong in the first place?

Yes, I just confirmed that in v2, the target of an ERROR dispatch
would see both javax.servlet.forward.* and javax.servlet.error.*
request attribute sets.

The fact that javax.servlet.forward.* used to be exposed as part of
an ERROR dispatch should be considered a bug: Only javax.servlet.error.*
request attributes should be exposed, as is correctly done in v3.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jan