users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3 and mysql database access using Eclipse Galileo

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 12:18:48 PST

I've tried so many things that at this point I'm not sure of much ;-).

I had downloaded glassfish-tools-bundle-for-eclipse-1.2.dmg and installed from that. Once that was finished, I added a com.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.core.nl1.link file which points to the Flash Builder plugin.

Before that, I was trying to use a version of Galileo Eclipse and have it download the updates for GlassFish v3, while using the Flex Builder plugin (i.e., Flex 3), but I kept running into problems and so using the bundled version of GlassFish and Eclipse finally seemed to work. I wonder if something got messed up in the installation as a result of all of that?

I could delete the entire GlassFish/Eclipse directory and try again from scratch, but it seems like that's what I had already done to get this far. Is that what you would suggest? Anything else I should try or look at in more detail before going through that process again (i.e., in case I'm likely to end up back in the same position again)? Is there anything that gets installed anywhere else that I should delete before trying to re-install again?
[Message sent by forum member 'drrevis' (renee_at_leadingstep.com)]