users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish trying to impersonate a user when an ejb call a web service which call back the server ?

From: Vincent Deschênes <vdeschenes_at_stelvio.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:37:51 -0500

I have 2 users, let says ejbUser and webServiceUser.

And 2 server, server1 (glassfish) and server2(custom C++, gSOAP).

ejbUser has role ejb.

webServiceUser has role webservice.

ejbUser call a method of an ejb object on server1 which call a webservice that does not need authentication on server2.

During this call, server2 call a web service on server1 and authenticate using webServiceUser.

To call the web service on server1 webServiceUser need the webServiceUser role.

ejbUser does not have the webservice role.

The problem is :

=> The webServiceUser will be granted access to the ejb web service only if ejbUser his granted the webservice role.

That make no sense for me.

I am suspecting some kind of security protection for impersonation that would somehow think that our custom C++ server is calling
the ejb as the ejbUser.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Vincent Deschenes