users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Embedded on Web Start. So close!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 07:10:13 PST

Hi, Keith.

I'm not familiar with this part of the embedded logic, but I've worked extensively on the support in GlassFish for launching app clients using Java Web Start support.

I suspect the problem is that the embedded Server class is assuming that JAR locations, either using the class path or using the CodeSource for classes, are given by file: style URIs. This is not the case during a Java Web Start launch, as the errors indicate.

It might be easy or not so easy to generalize the embedded logic to handle the more general case.

Siraj?

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (timothy.quinn_at_sun.com)]