users@glassfish.java.net

How to run both 64 and 32 bit JVM in Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:12:24 PST

I have Glassfish running on a Redhat server using a 64 bit JVM. However, I need to load and run a 32 bit native library that will be called using the Java Native Interface (JNI). This requires the 32 bit JVM.

I had to install a 32 bit JVM to do this with Tomcat. However, I don't want to limit Glassfish to only a 32 bit JVM.

My question is, how do I configure Glassfish to run both 64 and 32 bit JVMs? Is this a domain level configuration? Do I need to install 2 complete Glassfish web servers to accomplish this?

I'd also be interested in the simplest way to work around the native library class loading problem.

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'superstition_free' (superstition_free_at_yahoo.com)]