users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Remote EJB 3.0 lookup and Glassfish v2.1.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 07:41:23 PST

The answer is yes, I need to include both the business class and the interfaces for the EJB in the client classpath, although I thought stubs were supposed to be enough. Anyway, I either misunderstood the statement from EJB FAQ or it needs rewording:

No. Our implementation uses a feature called "Dynamic RMI-IIOP" that creates any necessary RMI-IIOP stubs at runtime.

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html#RMIStubsNeeded.

Would appreciate it if someone confirms this statement.

BR,
Mohamed
[Message sent by forum member 'mohamedelshami' (mohamed.shami_at_gmail.com)]