users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3: problem deploying exploded ear with exploded shared entity lib

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 22:33:05 PST

This issue matches a problem I'm experiencing.
Same setup: EAR containing EJBs & WARs, Entities in ear's lib dir.
Deploys just fine via Glassfishv3 admin console (unexploded EAR).
Fails to deploy via Eclipse tooling (glassfish plugin), which explodes the EAR & contents. I get (root) exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to retrieve EntityManagerFactory for unitName MYPUNAME
[Message sent by forum member 'rsitze' (rsitze_at_us.ibm.com)]