users@glassfish.java.net

Re: creating a realm through admin-ui fails / console works; Glassfish v3 now broken

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:51:01 -0800

Yes,  the fix is in both branch.
You can either get that from v3 u1 builds:  http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3u1/
or v3.1 builds:  http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3.1/

My fix was checked in on 2/23,  so any build after that date should have the fix.

thanks
Anissa.

Dominik Dorn wrote:
Hi Anissa,

I assume, upgrading to the latest nightly build will fix it, right?

Thanks,
dominik

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam@sun.com> wrote:

Hi Dominik,
You are seeing issue# 11362 which has been fixed and will be available in v3
update release.
For the time being, you can use CLI to create the realm.   Then you can use
the Admin Console to customize it, eg adding properties.

thanks
Anissa.

Dominik Dorn wrote:

Hi,

I'm experiencing the following problem:

I'm trying to create the sampleRealm from this blog post:
http://blogs.sun.com/nithya/entry/groups_in_custom_realms

When trying to creating it through the admin-gui
with the values:
Name: "sampleRealm"
class-name: com.samplerealm.SampleRealm

I get an error: "Error An error has occurred"
and the realm does not get created.

When doing the same throught the asadmin console

asadmin> create-auth-realm
Enter the value for the classname option> com.samplerealm.SampleRealm
Enter the value for the authrealmname operand> sampleRealm

Command create-auth-realm executed successfully.

The realm then shows up in the admin-gui, but I'm unable to add the
property "jaas-context" = "sampleRealm".
It shows no error message, but simply does not save the property.

Any ideas?

hmm... I've restarted glassfish and it seems now the authentication
stuff is really messed up.. I cannot login
with my admin user anymore... I'm probably will need to setup the
domain again.. which files should I save
in order for someone else to work on this issue?