users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish w/ mod_jk and ssl

From: Cam Bazz <cambazz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 07:04:12 +0200

Hello,

I have been hiding my glassfish behind apache successfully using
mod_jk. I also successfully configured http-listener-2 with an SSL
certificate. I also followed the documentation on

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/AdministrationGuide/SJSASEEAG.pdf#114
(page 114)

and in my workers.properties

worker.list=ajp13unsecure, ajp13secure
worker.ajp13secure.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13secure.host=localhost
worker.ajp13secure.port=8009
worker.ajp13unsecure.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13unsecure.host=localhost
worker.ajp13unsecure.port=8010

and on httpd.conf

JkExtractSSL On
JkHTTPSIndicator HTTPS
JkSESSIONIndicator SSL_SESSION_ID
JkCIPHERIndicator SSL_CIPHER
JkCERTSIndicator SSL_CLIENT_CERT

however, when the http-listener-2 is configured as a JK listener,
connection to port 443 will be interrupted. (as firefox says), where
google chrome will say "Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR):
Unknown error."

I have also looked with tcpdump to see what is going on and the server
issues a FIN packet, thus finishing the connection.

I am also running 3 virtual domains with apache

<VirtualHost 1.1.1.1:80>
ServerName www.mysite.com
JkMount /* worker1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.1.1.1:443>
ServerName www.mysite.com
JkMount /* worker2
</VirtualHost>

and another virtual domain on another ip, to serve things like images.

I have been debugging all night, and I decided to ask on the mailing list.

any ideas / help / recomendation greatly appreciated.

Best Regards.
-C.B.