users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem porting Enterprise App from GF2ur2 to GF3

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:18:14 -0500

Have you tried simply upgrading a working v2 domain to see if the
application runs normally after the upgrade? See here for details:

http://blogs.sun.com/bobby/entry/upgrading_to_glassfish_v3

Since you were using EclipseLink before and not TopLink, then
everything may just work for you. The upgrade guide has more info
about what you need to look out for due to the change in the default
persistence provider:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7698/gjizi?a=view

The only other suggestion I can think of is to try with the previous
version of EclipseLink if possible. If that's working but 2.0 isn't,
then you may want to continue this thread with a subject mentioning
EclipseLink specifically to make sure it's noticed by the more
persistence-oriented folks.

As for the zip error, can you make sure permissions are correct on the
file, it's not zero bytes, etc.? As is, that error message doesn't
help much, does it?

Cheers,
Bobby