users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Publishing to GlassFish V3 Error while deploying .ear file.

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 17:06:00 -0800

Are you using GlassFish Tools Bundle for Eclipse or stand-alone Eclipse
with the plug-in installed additionally ?

Are you using GlassFish v3 or Prelude ?

FWIW, I can reproduce the error with GlassFish Tools Bundle for Eclipse
1.2 with GlassFish v3 Final. So something has definitely changed since
the blog entry was pushed out, could be Metro plugin, Eclipse version,
GlassFish version or something. I'm trying different combinations to see
what might be a working set.

Even though "Add project to an EAR" is not selected, Eclipse still
creates an EAR file. That's probably a bug in either Eclipse or metro
plugin with Eclipse, will look more into it as well. Can you please help
debug that and file the bug accordingly ?

Thanks,
-Arun