users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 Standalone JMS Client - Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 12:21:34 PST

I've removed 100% of the jars, and 100% of the code aside from my ejb lookup.
The only jar that I am including right now is <strong>appserv-rt.jar</strong> plus, my ejb interfaces.

When I attempt to invoke the bean (By the portable jndi name now..
http://blogs.sun.com/MaheshKannan/entry/portable_global_jndi_names
)

I receive this exception:
[code]
javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or as an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial
[/code]

When I saw that exception (java.naming.factory.initial) I located the jndi.properties file, and I added it to the classpath. However, numerous run time errors ensued. I was able to correct them by adding more and more jar files, to the point of which I received a new exception (detailed below).

Is there a better way to fix this without adding jars so that I can reach an ejb?
[Message sent by forum member 'hoffman462' (HoffmanDanielG_at_comcast.net)]