users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 Standalone JMS Client - Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:58:00 PST

Thank you for your help thus far, and your suggestion on using appclient. I'll investigate into applclient more.

For now, I notice that with my standalone <strong>core java</strong> client if I include the following jars:

[code]
jndi-properties.jar
glassfish-naming.jar
internal-api.jar
hk2-core.jar
glassfish-api.jar
auto-depends.jar
[/code]

With or without appserv-rt.jar / gf-client.jar I receive a significantly different result.

Now, when I reference (lookup) my remote ejb, instead of receiving the "java.naming.initial..." excpetion (no jndi property file found, I am getting something different)

[code]
java.lang.NullPointerException..
  at com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.getRemoteProvider (SerialContext.java:297)
  at com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.getProvider(SerialContext.java:271)
  at com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext:430)
  at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup (InitialContext.java:392)
  at // where I invoke my ejb
javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup failed for 'ejb/MappedName' in SerialContext [Root Exception is javax.naming.NamingException unable to acquire SerialContextProvider for Serial Context....

[/code]

Here it appears my jndi properties are recognized but my mapped name isn't. I have attempted a variety of methods to try to get at the remote ejb. I have also read that ejb lookups have changed in GFV3. But I don't know what that means or how to perform the new lookup?

Thanks for any help.
[Message sent by forum member 'hoffman462' (HoffmanDanielG_at_comcast.net)]