users@glassfish.java.net

Re: rails war deploy V3 prelude - unpacked gems have no specifications?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:46:56 PST

Well thar seems to have been the problem my app is now working after:

1. jruby -S warble war

2. copying

app/vendor/gem/gem_name/.specification
WEB-INF/vendor/gems/gem_name/.specification

for each gem and then doing a

3. jruby -S warble war:jar

4. deploy the war to the glassfish server.

What i don't understand is how anyone can get warble working out of the box when using gems? Either no one is using warbler for rails, or they are copying the gem files into their projects, or they are not using any gems, or I am doing something wrong.

BTW I am using warbler (0.9.14) which i believe is the current version.

any insights?

Jason.
[Message sent by forum member 'jasonfs' ]