users@glassfish.java.net

asadmin and long Oracle connection strings - what to escape?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 01:26:33 PST

Hi! Trying to create a jdbc connection pool with asadmin, and ran into problems with a long Oracle connection string... It starts with jdbc:oracle:thin: and has parentheses, spaces, equal signs.

I'm running create-jdbc-connection-pool on Linux, from inside asadmin (asadmin> prompt), not from a Unix shell. What I found after some trial and error is this:

<this> -> <replace with this>

: -> \\:
= -> \\=
<space> -> \<space>
( -> \(
) -> \)

Why do colons and equal signs need two backslashes, even from inside asadmin (free from the Unix shell's own escape processing)?

Is there some documentation on what characters should be escaped where?
[Message sent by forum member 'sysprv' ]