users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 admin console very slow

From: Sam Crawford <samcrawford_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:08:37 +0000

Anissa,

Thanks for the instructions. However, as I think Hassan has found, in
order to set a proxy server you must first be able to get to the
Update Center page, which requires the ability to connect back to Sun,
which won't work because of the lack of the proxy (I too get a blank
page after a *long* wait when clicking the Update Center button). Very
much a chicken and egg scenario!!

I've taken a look at the effects of setting
com.sun.enterprise.tools.admingui.NO_NETWORK, and it looks absolutely
perfect to me. I'll give this a try later on.

It might be worth putting a note in the installation process or readme
about this, as it's clearly not just me that's found this an issue.

Thanks,

Sam