users@glassfish.java.net

Need pointers on how to debug configuration problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:15:45 PST

I recently added ICEFaces to my application (to get the charts) which was already using the Tomahawk tag library. I could not get ICEFaces to work on GlassFish 2.1 at all so I moved to v3 Prelude Domain. Now the ICEFaces tags work (nice charts!) but any Tomahawk tag that relies on the org.apache..ExtensionsFilter doesn't work.

Since this is a new application I realize I can just remove all the Tomahawk tags and replace them with ICEFaces substitutions, but I would like to know what is happening. Can anyone fill me in on the following?

1. Does the order of <filter> tags in web.xml make any difference? I can't find any documentation that says this.

2. Is there any convenient way to tap into the filters to a) see if they are getting invoked at all, and b) see what they do to the request/response objects?

3. In GlassFish v3, it seems to run Facelets without a ViewHandler that was required in 2.1. Is this expected and how does it work?

4. The "icefaces-facelets.jar" file seems to have all the com.sun.facelets.* class libraries in it. Is it necessary to include these libraries instead of the ones that come with the container? (I read that v3 Prelude is supposed to support JSF 2.0, which includes Facelets as default -- is that right?)

Many thanks for any help with my ongoing education.
[Message sent by forum member 'alan94539' ]