users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 admin console very slow

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:33:28 -0800

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_sun.com> wrote:

> The node labeled "Update Tool"? I clicked on it several minutes ago
> and *nothing* seems to be happening.
>
> It takes a long time to fetch all the information from the repository,
> compared to what has been installed and tell you what module is available
> for addon.  This does take a long time.    The cursor should have changed to
> indicate it is doing something.

Went back to it and it now shows a blank page...

> So, the very first time you run updatetool, it will tell you it is not
> installed.   You should say 'yes'  to download the bits.   After the bits is
> downloaded, it should tell you to restart updatetool again.

Software successfully installed. You may now re-run this command (updatetool).
[ glassfish-01]$ ./bin/updatetool
WX import error. Verify the WX widgets are in the PYTHONPATH.
The following can be reported to Update Tool 2.3.0 Development Team
<dev_at_updatecenter.dev.java.net>.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/blah/blah/blah/glassfish-01/updatetool/vendor-packages/updatetool/common/boot.py",
line 278, in init_app_locale
    import wx
  File "wx/__init__.py", line 45, in ?
  File "wx/_core.py", line 4, in ?
 ImportError: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

[ glassfish-01]$

Uh, well. I think just editing a file would be a lot more effective... :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
twitter: @hassan